Saturday, April 30, 2011

The guest room

While back in Tampa last weekend I walked into my favorite greek restaurant and saw EXACTLY the look I was going for (in color and texture) for the bedroom. It was the exact color of the walls I'll have in that room with the dark, rich blue accents and patterns in the decor. I was so pumped to see it all come together that I went ahead that weekend and selected the bed linens for the guest room I'd been contemplating at Ikea. Here's a reminder of what we were going for:
Here's what I got for a duvet cover and then bedspread for the end of the bed/accent:

I also got the sheer/light linen white curtains that go well with the duvet cover. The duvet itself isn't as bold as I wanted but for $14.99 you can't go wrong and it was the pattern I really was going for. Hopefully the bedspread (for the end of the bed) and some fun accent pillows will really kick up the blue vibe that I'm going for.  Ikea had some cobalt glass vases that should help as well. Can't wait to get it set up and see how it all looks! Sadly, that'll be the last room we fix up so, to be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment