I sincerely apologize that this is a post that is WAAAAAAAYYYY overdue. BUT, the good news is that I have lots to share. So here's the quick and dirty (literally in my house) of the progress we've made in the past month:
1. The back wall by the kitchen was pushed back a few feet to add in a pantry!!! We also changed the sliding glass doors for a gorgeous double-paned glass door (that I got for $50 at Restore!!!) and a pass through window. Under the window on the inside might be a small cabinet for grilling stuff because on the outside will be the grill and a small little handwash sink. Handy huh?? Oh yeah, and the cat's door to the patio is under the window too.
 |
| Pantry!!!! |
2. The kitchen cabinets and peninsula are installed!!!!!
 |
| looking towards the back door |
 |
| looking towards the front door |
 |
| before the back wall of the peninsula was installed |
 |
| this will be painted a bronze-copper color to match the accent in the backsplash that will go up |
 |
| Look at that pretty wood!! |
3. We have a master closet in the middle bedroom that will now be our room (the master bedroom will be a guest suite with a large storage closet to be completed last). The pictures don't do it justice but I'll post more on Monday when its all done. Today, it will be painted, shelves installed and the wood floors will go down tomorrow.

4. The back side of this closet is the living room wall where the tv will hang. This way we can access the back of the tv from our bedroom closet.
5. I have a laundry closet! We relocated the laundry closet to the hallway instead of the living room and then opened up the hallway a bit more by taking out the linen closets that were there. We'll put a small linen closet in the bathroom and this way I have a laundry closet right by the bedrooms and a more open living area and hallways. This picture is not the best but you get the idea. I'll have better ones when I can actually have more space the take the picture.
So there's a few of the main updates on the progress. More to come and I promise not to wait so long next time!!! But before I leave, a HUMUNGO thank you to our dear friends Jeffrey, Yamel and Omar who have spent so much of their weekends helping us out!
No comments:
Post a Comment