Friday, February 24, 2012

Pallet wall Part 2

We've been slowly working on the pallet wall. We had to stop for a week in order to get more pallets to create a good mix of color and texture. This is where we are so far:

I wanted an indoor herb garden and to somehow incorporate that into the atrium, and more specifically hang them from the wall like this:
From Not Just a House Wife
From: Design Sponge
George suggested we get small posts for them and create shelves for them to go in. We found these cute little clay pots at Walmart on the cheap so I loaded up:
From: Walmart
A few weeks before, I started my seedlings. We got a bunch of herbs, tomatoes, onions and peppers. In just two weeks I had sprouts!

After three more weeks of sun and water this is how they look:


Now time to put those puppies in their pots:

The shelves are up but we just have to cut the holes in them so the pots set down into the shelf and the water can drain out of the bottom.  Final pics still to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment