Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Whine and a hot bath

Let me preface this by saying that we have been so extraordinarily blessed to find amazing deals on really cool items to furnish our new home.  We've been very patient and done a lot of research before making any purchases. We've been blessed by the generosity of others and received already many things we thought we'd have to wait and save our pennies to purchase.  Because of this I feel very spoiled and bratty for needing to vent/whine. But here it goes anyway. In redoing our bathroom I'm longing for a really cool, unique bathtub, like these:
http://www.amazon.com/KOHLER-K-11344-0-Escale-Freestanding-White/dp/B000UNOU3A  
http://www.faucetdirect.com/porcher-60545-45-tetsu-66-free-standing-soaking-bath-tub-with-faucet-deck-center-drain-and-chromatherapy/p1373324?source=gba_1373324&CAWELAID=554091878

http://www.signaturehardware.com/product15416?origin=product-search

Some that I've found are upwards of $6,000-10,000!!! Really???????
The issues with these are twofold:
1. They are WAAAAAAAAAAYYYY too pricey (we're talking $800-1,500!!!)
2. We only have space for a standard size tub.
With those factors in mind, these are the only ones we've found that are affordable and fit:
Lowes: Briggs Pendant V Bathtub
Snoozefest! (and I don't mean the relaxing nap kind of snooze I would be doing in the tubs at the top). As my mom would say, I have champagne taste on a beer budget.  But one thing I've learned to excel in is sitting tight and waiting until the last minute to wait for our dream product at a price we can afford. So for now, I sit and hope and wait and stalk for that perfect tub. 

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I love that - champagne taste on a beer budget! I hear ya, girl! Hang in there, someday your tub will come... :)

    ReplyDelete