Thursday, November 3, 2011

Crowning beauty

Trying to find the perfect crown molding has been quite the task for us. I'm not a big fan of it and George is the master craftsman. We hemmed and hawed for months over what exactly we should do for the molding. It needed to be super simple with clean lines. George made several sample pieces for me to see so I could get on board. We finally had it narrowed down to two different looks. While showing me one, he had just a simple 1x4 tacked up (which was identical to what we're doing for baseboards). We sat and stared at it for quite some time and agreed that actually we both really liked it just like that. Last night we finished up installing the crown molding. Once the floor is done we can install the matching baseboards. I love the finished look it gives, without taking anything away. What do you think? 


No comments:

Post a Comment