I shared previously about the drama of our fridge not fitting the opening we had for it in the kitchen. We put tit up for sale on Craigslist in Oct. and waited patiently. Meanwhile the fridge hung out in the dining area and had a brief stint on the backporch while we did the floors. We shopped and shopped for months to find the perfect one. This weekend we decided to take the shopping to a new level and just find one and get it over with. By Friday evening we had settled between two: a Samsung and a Maytag. They were both stainless and had the bottom freezer that George was wanting. They differed in size though and the Samsung would fit the space better. However, we'd heard Maytag was a little more reputable. We decided to think about it and do more research while we waiting to sell the old one. Then on Saturday afternoon we got the email we'd been waiting for! An interested customer in buying to the old one. YAY!! Just in time! Saturday evening we sold the old girl and decided we needed to make our decision like NOW. We read some reviews and made a call to a refrigerator repairman/friend of ours. On Sunday morning we made our decision and I went to Best Buy (the best deal on this fridge: $879) and placed our order. I think my hands were shaking and breath caught in my throat as I handed over my card to pay for it. But we couldn't be happier and feel relieved to have it over and done with. It won't arrive until Dec. 2nd so here's a pic in the mean time.
We're still working on getting the garbage disposal/drain installed but the sink and faucet are in! I'll post pics tomorrow and of the unpacking process.
No comments:
Post a Comment