Monday, January 31, 2011

Coloraholic

Hi, my name is Christi and I'm a coloraholic. I think my parents would say that it started at a very young age when I used to organize my letter/number magnets in rainbow order. I was obsessed with rainbows and things being in rainbow order. I kept up with the addiction as I aged and I think its fair to say its only gotten worse as we've begun renovating/redecorating (though I don't color rainbows as frequently anymore). The past few weeks my husband has caught me in the act of perusing and staring into the eyes of my addiction- the Benjamin Moore paint chip guide.  I'm admitting this to all of you in my efforts to be fully vulnerable on this blog.

The good news is that, while I'm sure my addiction will continue, on Friday I had a major breakthrough. I committed to colors.  My family can rest easy that our home will not be pink and purple striped, as I promised I would do when I was little.  Fortunately for George our community restricts us to Cabot Brown.  The house however has seen many changes in my attempts to decide on JUST the right colors. So here you have it: 

I had my EW backwards-- colors are hard to see
1. Main area (living, kitchen, dining and office): Storm Cloud Gray walls with red furniture and black and chrome accents.
2. Floors in main area: Dark red stain with a charcoal stain overlay
3. Guest bedrom: Storm Cloud Gray and Citron accents
4. Etc. room: Lemon freeze with the red couch and black accents in the desk and lamps
5. Master: Espresso Brown, Arctic Blue walls and teal accents in candles an the doors I L-O-V-E!

I nixed the drab olive as previously seen on our mood board since it was just too many colors. The Storm Cloud Gray does have a hint of olive in it but will be a great neutral tone to tie everything in together.  Love it? Hate it? (Mom, I know you hate the Citron and I promise you'll be able to sleep in the room).

No comments:

Post a Comment