George and I had such a blast yesterday starting demo. I think it was truly cathartic for us. Here's what all we got accomplished yesterday.
1. George tore out the overhang in the front. There was so much damage it was actually very unsafe.
2. Ripped up the old laminate flooring and vapor barriers as well as the carpet in the living room.
3. Tore off all the moldy floorboards
4. Began taking apart and removing the old cabinets in the kitchen
5. The bad news was that there was VERY OLD glue-down linoleum floors
Here's some pics of the work:
 |
| Kitchen cabinets GONE! |
 |
| burglar bars down- now we don't feel like we live in a prison! |
 |
| me tearing up very disgusting, moldy, mildewed vapor barrier- only to discover... |
 |
| liNOOOOOOOOleum!!!!!!!! It looks like fruity pebbles linoleum |
 |
| George taking down the weird thing over the patio |
 |
| George's favorite new toy- I mean tool. His 8 gallon air compressor. |
 |
| Makes the place look so much bigger. Now if only there weren't walls there...to be continued. |
 |
| Beautiful concrete underneath. That's for you Laura!!! |
 |
Progress in the kitchen
|
Looks Great!!!! We bought our house as a foreclosure in 2002. One of Zack's first big tools was an air compressor. Must be a guy thing. :) I bought him a Reciprocating Saw for Valentine's Day that year. lol. The concrete looks great!! Going to be amazing!!
ReplyDelete